Friday 22 April 2011

Finally

It's been a few days since I've blogged so here it goes!

I've ruined an outfit while hurling 100 pound bags of concrete and have the bruises to prove it. Unbelievable to see how the Haitians come together! Women carrying buckets of water on their head so the men can make cement to pour the floor of their house. I also met a special little dude that drooled on my leg during church yesterday. He's probably about 2 or 3 and I was looking forward to seeing him today but he didn't show up. I'm hoping he will come on sunday so I can get a picture!

Today, most of the team went back to the "house" while a few of us stayed back to finish the fence around the school and a few other odd jobs. Then we went for a walk to see Pastor Mark's house and check out the city park, the hospital etc.....WOW! I could sell the pictures. We also had the opportunity to take a little dip in the Caribbean Sea. Salty water and very refreshing....the full cultural experience with a guy fishing with some string and a plastic jug and a a grown woman having a bath whilst sitting on the shore.

I should go. Oh by the way this isn't Bruce aka (Boose). It's Chris.

Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like an interesting experience, which outfit did you ruin?

    ReplyDelete